Buzz From The Boards: Decorating Your Mantel
Can’t figure out what to do with your mantel? Here are five common design dilemmas and how to solve them:
1. Problem: The bottom of your T.V. is too close to the top of your mantel.
Solution: “Use low bowls filled with faux fruit like lemons, peaches or grapes.” — Sue-n-Kevin
2. Problem: Your mantel just looks boring.
Solution: “Layer different kinds of mirrors on a fireplace mantel to make it more interesting.” — Ceventa
3. Problem: You have a bunch of frames you want to display but they don’t necessarily match.
Solution: “That’s okay, incorporating different color and size frames keeps things interesting.” — rlg
4. Problem: You don’t know how to make your fireplace blend with the rest of your room.
Solution: “Bring your color scheme into the room by putting a different vases of flowers along the edge.” – mrspaz
5. Problem: Your mantle looks too cluttered.
Solution: “Get a large print or mirror that fits the space appropriately and then place two large glass hurricanes on either side.” — groovygirl