National Hot Dog Day: 7 Weirdest Ways to Top This American Classic
You could top your hot dog the traditional way — chili, cheese, ketchup, mustard– but why not try something a little more unusual on NHDD? For fun, we’ve rounded up some of the strangest hot dog toppings we’ve seen lately. Not exactly appealing to us, but perhaps there’s something on this list that you’d try?
1.Toothpaste: We know it comes out of a tube like ketchup and mustard, but toothpaste is not for eating. Ever.
2. M&Ms: Sure, they’re both ballpark favorites, but we’ll take our M&Ms for dessert (after we’ve finished our hot dog).
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly: Hot dogs and PB & J sandwiches are American classics, but there’s no need to combine them.
4. Cream Cheese: Cream cheese is delish, but we say leave it for your morning bagel.
5. Fried Egg: Fried eggs are great on BLTs, but hot dogs? We’ll pass.
6. Maple Syrup: We get the whole bacon with maple syrup–but a hot dog with syrup is just not the same thing.
7. Marshmallow creme, hot fudge and melted peanut butter: This combo is irresistible–for dessert, on an ice cream sundae.
Love food? So do our Nesties. Join the conversation and start sharing meal ideas, recipes and more. Click here to jump in!