5 Tips for Chic Summer Entertaining from RevelryHouse.com
Planning a summer bash? We caught up with Christianne Amodio and Lo Bosworth, co-founders of the party-planning site Revelry House, for their secrets to pulling off the perfect event:
1. Create a simple signature cocktail. We love to serve ice cold glasses of Vodka, fresh lemon juice and agave nectar, with a splash of soda water at our parties. Serving a signature cocktail along with beer and wine (instead of offering a full bar) will help you save cash.
- Recipe (for 10 people)
- Vodka, 1 L (we prefer Grey Goose)
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 8oz (you can buy bottles of this – but make sure it’s fresh)
- 10 Tablespoons agave nectar (add more or less for sweetness)
- Club Soda, 1L
Mix up the first three ingredients in your blender ahead of time, then as you pour your drinks top them off with soda water. We like 2/3 vodka mix, and 1/2 soda.
2. Make dramatic floral arrangements. Cut costs by using flowers that are available at your local grocery or bodega. We especially love white tulips during the summer; you can buy four-dozen for around $25.
3. Fake your main course. Not so confident in your cooking skills? Prepare some easy apps and salad at home then pick up the main course from your favorite restaurant. We love serving bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with and a summer salad with tangerines, pistachios and goat cheese.
Bacon Wrapped Dates:
Dates (remove the seed with a toothpick by inserting the toothpick in one end and pushing the seed out with the other)
Wrap each date with half a slice of bacon, securing with the same toothpick used to remove the center. Cook a sheet of them at 375 for 15 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crunchy.
1 bag of arugula
6 tangerines (peel them and toss in the slices)
1 cup of pistachios
4 oz of goat cheese
4. Pump up the volume. Instead of hiring a band, borrow a popular Spotify playlist, or try our favorite playlist.
5. Dress to impress. Wear black-tie and ask your friends to do the same! Bubbly cocktails and floor-length gowns against a simple summer backdrop creates an unimaginable amount of fun. Kick off your heels, dance on the table and be free in the summer heat.