Happy National Doughnut Day! Get Your Free Doughnuts (Or Make Your Own!)
Today is National Doughnut Day! Time to bring on the sweet treats. The holiday began in 1938 when the Salvation Army decided to honor the female volunteers who handed out the yummy pastries to front line soldiers during WWI. But you don’t have to be a soldier to receive a doughnut today! Krispy Kreme is giving out free doughnuts and Dunkin’ Donuts is giving a free doughnut with every drink purchase today!
If you don’t feel like waiting on line for your doughnut, try making your own to celebrate the sweetest holiday around! We’ve rounded up our five top doughnut recipes from some of our favorite bloggers for you to try! Get them right here:
1. Chocolate Frosted Cake Doughnuts from How Sweet Eats
2. Chinese Doughnuts from The Steamy Kitchen
3. Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts from Espresso and Cream
4. Smoked Sea Salt Kissed Maple Doughnuts from Peas and Thank You
5. Apple Fritters from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
Celebrate National Doughnut Day the old-fashioned way with these awesome recipes!
Chat with other foodies about their adventures in the kitchen here on “What’s Cooking?”.