Buying My First Home: Is it Too Soon to Bid on Another Place?
We celebrated Mother’s Day on Sunday with flowers, cards, brunch in bed…and a whirlwind tour of five open houses in Brooklyn. The first place that we saw was pretty awesome (in fact, we’re debating putting in an offer). The rest? Not so much.
All the things I loved about place #1 (that’s the living room above!)?
1. Lots and lots of natural light.
2. Nice big bedroom for us.
3. Great bedroom for Mason (finally, he’d be out of our room!).
4. Private balcony + common patio and rooftop = outdoor space.
5. New construction.
6. Building is literally directly across the street from the school we want to send Mason to.
7. Residents we met were super cool and described the building as a community.
8. Place is in an emerging neighborhood, so we can still make money on it (hopefully).
9. But there are great bars and restaurants close by, as well as a cute playground and a convenient subway stop.
But here’s the thing. If we put in a bid now, it will be our second time making an offer. (The first time was a few weeks ago–and we lost out.) So we’re wondering if we could keep looking? There’s lots more coming onto the market and we don’t want to jump the gun. What do you think: should we pull the trigger or hold tight?