How to Preserve Your Hair from the Summer Sun
From the sun’s harmful UV rays to maintaining overall scalp health, the summer months call for special haircare.
Here are my tips on preserving your mane this season:
• It’s best to cover your hair and scalp 100% with a hat or scarf.
• Healthy hair is produced from a healthy scalp. Be sure to protect and keep your scalp moisturized. Try SelfHelp by Ken Paves, a deep anti-aging mask. This amazing product will increase hair elasticity, protect color, and nourish the scalp. It’ll create a healthy environment for hair to grow and stay strong.
• Stop burning your scalp! Avoid parting your hair if you will be in the sun, for starters. But for extra protection, use an oil-free SPF on your scalp — yes, your scalp. You don’t need anything fancy, just pick up Banana Boat Quick Dry Sport Body and Scalp Sunblock Spray and concentrate the product around your hairline and crown.
• Don’t forget to protect those colored ends. I recommend using Unite’s 7 Seconds Leave-In Detangler on damp hair. It has thermal and UV protection, which helps prevent color fading.
• And since color fading is caused primarily by wind rather than sun (interesting tidbit!), tie up your hair in that convertible or when you’re on the beach and its windy.