Olympic-Sized Crush of the Day: Ryan Lochte
He’s the lesser known equivalent to Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps, but this year, 27-year-old Ryan Lochte is finally making a name for himself. And we can definitely see why. Between rigorous training and multiple endorsement deals — including Gatorade, Gillette, Ralph Lauren and Speedo — it’s clear that Ryan’s been keeping busy in preparation for this summer’s 2012 Olympic Games. It just so happens we’re keeping busy as well…there’s enough news coverage of Ryan to keep us occupied for hours on end! All looks aside, this swimmer won our hearts for reasons other than his trademark smile. Let us explain…
- Whether it’s wavy, straight, short or long, Ryan’s changing hairstyles can do no wrong.
- He broke out a diamond-encrusted grill during the 2008 games, which only made us laugh and like him even more.
- He’s dedicated to helping others in the pool. Ryan provides swimming clinics across the U.S. to help aspiring swimmers with their technique.
- Not only did he create a custom pair of shoes for Speedo, the kicks were neon green and covered in rhinestones.
- He made an appearance at the Golden Goggle Awards dressed in an all-white leisure suit and–what else–a grill, proving yet again he has a silly side.
- In high school, Ryan had one goal at swim practice: get kicked out of the pool. Lucky for him (and us!) the Olympic athlete later began to take his sport more seriously
And that, Nesties, is why we’ve got our sights set on Ryan from now until next month’s games.